What we publish:
We specifically seek reproducible classroom resource books that use crafts, games, puzzles and other activities to creatively teach the Bible to kids ages 2-12. Therefore, we do not publish any other types of books including—but not limited to—academics, poetry, picture books and fiction. Please read our Statement of Faith to be sure your manuscript fits our publishing mission.
Rainbow Publishers accepts unsolicited book proposals from authors. We also hire freelance illustrators for both the interiors and covers of our books. Please read our guidelines carefully before you submit your work. (Note: we do not accept book proposals or illustration samples via e-mail.)
To submit your book proposal:
1. Send a table of contents and 2-5 chapters for our evaluation (please note: we only purchase book manuscripts, not individual articles or activities).
2. Enclose a vita or statement explaining your qualifications for writing the book. For example: "I have been teaching first-graders in Sunday school for 20 years and this is a book I wish I could find on the shelf to use with my kids."
3. Explain the audience for your book and how your book differs from those already on the market.
4. Enclose a self-addressed, stamped envelope for return of your material if you want it returned. However, you should keepcopies of everything you submit to us.
5. Address your material to "Manuscript Submissions" at the address below. We normally respond in two to eight weeks.
All Rainbow Publishers’ books include full-color covers with black and white interiors. Because we publish for a niche market, please study our product to see if your style is likely to match our needs. Biblical knowledge is helpful but not required.
To submit your illustration samples:
1. Note that we only contract with illustrators who work in Illustrator or Photoshop software (Mac OS preferred) so please indicate which software and operating system you use.
2. Please send hard-copy submissions only.
3. If you work in color and black and white, send samples of both types.
4. Enclose a self-addressed, stamped envelope for return of your material if you want it returned. However, you should keep copies of everything you submit to us.
5. Address your material to "Illustration Samples" at the address below. Your material will be reviewed and placed on file. When we have a project that fits your style, we will contact you with more information.
Rainbow Publishers • P.O. Box 261129 • San Diego, CA 92196